Friday 8 April 2011

Colouring!

Hi, here are just some suggestions for colouring....

Should we have the lines all black? Or slightly brown/grey, not completely black so they will blend better with the watercolour backgrounds since they are quite subtle...

Also, I know we are colouring them mainly flat with the paintbucket tool, but it would be great to layer some texture over the top, it's quite easy and makes a huge difference!

Example (untextured and black lines on the top, textured skin with slightly grey line art on the bottom...also not final colours, just something I picked to test out):



If we use textures, I have a few I've already saved from cropping out bits of the watercolour paper, which I can send to everyone doing colouring.

PS: I know my monitor is really dark so I have no idea what this looks like on anyone else's monitor... =/

Also, Lukas, I need the colour chart up NOW >_<

But I'm guessing something like this? (again, who knows, this might look terrible on another monitor...):

1 comment:

  1. Hi jen, i think i prefer the idea of leaving the lines just black because on the look of the pen and i think for the moment i prefer the idea of the character just being plan flat colour, but i guess we could use textures if he does look off

    Also the colour for the wrist watch looks good, and i think everyone can just go with what colours they think are right for the extra objects like teacups and such, as long as they arent too vibrant.

    ReplyDelete